Call Sweetwater City Hall
HOME | SITEMAP | CONTACT US
CONNECT WITH SWEETWATER
Make your selections below:
Police Entrance Exam
An entrance examination to establish a hire list for the City of Sweetwater Police Department will be held on Wednesday, April 10, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. at the City of Sweetwater Police Dept. Training Room located at 400 E Ave A. Late arrivals will not be admitted. Those who pass the written examination will have further testing that afternoon. Applications will be accepted through the Texas Workforce Center office located at 1105 Bell St. or you may request an application by e-mailing Lisa Adames – firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
At present time there is one position available.
• Applicants must be 21 years old with a maximum age of 44 years. Documentation must be provided.
• Must be high school graduate or have equivalent GED.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and have a satisfactory background driving record and pass a background investigation.
• Must be able to read and write the English language.
• Must be a citizen of the United States.
• Preferably possess certification as a peace officer as established by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) at time of examination. Applicant shall provide evidence of certification on or before date of entrance examination.
• If applicant served in the armed forces of the United States, a DD-214 must be produced with application.
• Must be physically sound free from any defect, which may adversely affect his/her performance of duty.
• The resulting hire list will be effective for six months.
• In compliance with the Texas Fire and Police Civil Service Law, Chapter 143, Section 143.024. This notice was posted on November 17, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.
• This position is full-time and includes full benefits.
• The job grade is 13A and pays $1,887.21 semi-monthly
• Working hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Ability to follow oral / written directions
• Must possess a High School diploma or GED
• Possess a Valid Texas Driver’s License
• Must have the ability to diagnose and correct vehicle/equipment defects.
• Two or more years of responsible supervised work in automotive repairs required.
• Ability to use and read diagnostic equipment to make repairs on computerized systems in vehicles and equipment.
Posted 11/06/17. Position open until filled.
200 East 4th Street
PO Box 450
Sweetwater, TX 79556
Phone: (325) 236-6313
Fax: (325) 933-6573
OR (325) 236-6139
MUNICIPAL COURT OFFICE
FAX: (325) 933-6573
EMERGENCENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
WATER & WASTEWATER
AFTER HOURS WATER EMERGENCY, CALL
Copyright © City of Sweetwater, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM